What is advocacy? The relationships we build within our organization can create political voice which allows MYFC to influence opportunities and issues that directly affect our members and communities. We strive to raise awareness of the assets and challenges of young farmers in Michigan. To do that, we collaborate with a few other organizations and we like to share information on our MYFC List.
Click the links below to learn more about policies and programs affecting young, beginning, & minority farmers in Michigan and in the United States.
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition – Beginning Farmers
- Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy – Blog & Information
- National Young Farmer Coalition – Policy Platform
- Michigan Good Food Charter – Resources & Downloads
- Michigan Food Policy Council – General Information (See “Task Forces” to get involved!)
The links below take you directly to places to sign up for action & opportunity alerts. We highly recommend these as the most significant resources for young & beginning farmers! Plus – They will never send spam!
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition – Action Alerts
- Michigan Good Food Charter
- Michigan Voices for Good Food Policy – MIGOODFOOD Network
Spread the Word
The links below lead you to places connected to resources to help you take advantage of the many opportunities provided by things like the 2014 Farm Bill